Ask us how we can save home school parents time, energy and money.
If you currently home school your children or are considering homeschooling, call or visit us to learn how Frontier Charter can meet your home school needs.
Benefits for home School Parents and Students
Frontier Charter supports parents in creating a unique and child-centered educational experience for each student. Parents and students can design a schedule for their school year that allows them to hunt, fish, and travel while continuing their education journey. Students who participate at Frontier have more options for fine arts, music, and physical education than traditional schools. They have time to purse their interest and many unique learning opportunities.
- We provide free tutoring at Frontier for grades K-12
- Access to ASD schools and programs, sports and activities
- Science labs and student clubs
- Student Allotments:
3,000. Grades 9-12
2,100. Grades 5-8
1,800. Grades K-4
Additional benefits for the high school student:
- Frontier provides practice ACT and SAT tests for teens
- We provide flexibility for student athletes to travel
- Work credit is available for high school students. Parents can weave together learning resources, subject matter experts and mentors to create a workplace that lives and breathes learning.
- Students can earn high school and college credit at the same time. Using the student allocation, Frontier has the flexibility to pay for students in grades 9-12 to earn college credit.
Tailor Your Child's Education
Frontier Charter is designed to equip families in pursuit of academic excellence and adventure in their Alaskan home school experience.
Parents can design a schedule for the school year that allows students to hunt, fish, and travel while continuing their educational journey. Student athletes have great flexibility for travel.
Frontier provides home school students with a variety of science labs and student clubs; includes more options for fine arts, music, and plysical education that traditional schools; facilitates access to ASD schools, programs, sports, and activities. We offer free tutoring during the school day including practice ACT and SAT tests. Students can earn high school and college credit at the same time. Driver's education and work credit are available for high school students.
Frontier Charter School is distinguished from other similar schools in Alaska through the offering of Learning Profiles for students. This supports Frontier's commitment to its mission of assisting parents to help students take responsibility for their learning. The results of these diagnostics provide students and parents with a better understanding of their child's academic and personal strengths. Home school keeps the learner engaged. Frontier students learn to take control of their learning style and keeps the learner engaged. Frontier students learn to take control of their learning as they progress through the academic grades.